I painted my nails almost two weeks ago with the intent of posting a nail tutorial but I've been so sick that I haven't been able. I'm excited that I'm now able to post the nails however, it's not going to be a traditional tutorial as I realized that the designs are a little complicated. I'm just going to give you some helpful hints for creating your own nail art.
So Venture Bros is my favourite TV show and I honestly can't believe how long it's been around. I premiered in 2003 but the creators don't put a new season out each year. We have to wait until 2016 to get a new season!
So some helpful hints if you want to paint your own detailed nail art:
- Get small brushes but make sure you don't by super expensive ones if you're using nail polish because the bristles get easily ruined from the nail polish remover.
- Toothpicks are your friend. They really help with intricate line work. Practice on a paper towel because it helps steady your hand and removes the excess polish.
- Don't be afraid to thin your nail polish with nail polish thinner. Nail polish isn't like regular paint -- it doesn't flow as easily. Don't thin too much or it will run.
- Not your real nails, what's stopping you from using paint? Some of the Venture Bros nail designs were done with polish and some with water based miniature/model paint. To use paint, scratch up the acrylic with a nail file so that the paint sticks, paint a white base, and then complete your design. The important part is the last step, a clear polish top coat. Once you add the clear coat no one will be able to tell you didn't use nail polish.
- Don't expect masterpieces or get discouraged. The Monarch (first picture) was the first nail that I painted and in my opinion it's the best one. Since I did so well on the first nail, I started to get really frustrated with the rest of the left hand because they weren't looking EXACTLY like the characters. They're not going to look perfect, just do your best. Since I was so focused on perfection, the left hand ended up taking 3 hours. When I threw the notion of perfection out the window, I was able to complete the right hand in about an hour and to be honest, I think that set are my favourite.
|The Mighty Monarch|
|Kevin, Tim-Tom, #21, Mrs. the Monarch|
|Dean, Hank, Sgt. Hatred (Vatred), H.E.L.P.eR|
Alex & Arthur